"...who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead
and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God."
1 Peter 1:21 (NKJV)
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. The Bible, verbally and plenarily inspired, is God's infallible word, the final authority for all faith and life.
2. There is one God, personal, infinite, perfect, and eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is true God and true man, was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, provided substitutionary atonement for lost man, and rose bodily from the grave.
4. The Holy Spirit is a Divine person and works in conviction of men and in the regeneration, sanctification, and preservation of the believer.
5. God directly created the universe from no pre-existing substance. We reject both naturalistic and theistic evolution.
6. Satan is a fallen, created personality, opposed to all that is holy and is destined for eternal punishment.
7. Man was made in God's image and fell into sin in Adam and is now a sinner both by nature and choice, and can be restored to God's favor only by God's provision in Christ as applied by the Holy Spirit.
8. God's provision in Christ is the only ground for man's justification which includes both pardon from sin and the gift of eternal life.
9. Salvation comes to man only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, apart from any human merit.
10. All those who have experienced salvation are members of the “church which is His body” and thus are eligible for baptism and membership in the local church. We believe each believer, as a member of local church, has the spiritual obligation to support their church with tithes and offerings. We believe this applies to missionaries as well.
11. Baptism by immersion and the Lord's Supper are ordinances of the church.
12. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church and every local church has the right under Christ to govern itself.
13. Every believer is eternally secure, being "kept by the power of God."
14. All persons will experience resurrection: believers to a state of eternal life and unbelievers to eternal punishment.
15. We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in bodily form which is the hope of all believers -- even so -- come, Lord Jesus!